Say Hello to dashEE 2.0
It’s been way too long coming but I am finally happy to announce the release of dashEE 2.0 - the control panel dashboard framework for EE CMS.
If you’re not the video watching type, dashEE 2.0 is packed full of new and exciting things like:
- New Interface: the dashboard has a new look sporting fewer buttons and more icons.
- Multiple Dashboards: users can now create multiple dashboards and seamlessly tab between them for better organization and greater flexibility.
- Widget Folders: widgets can now be packaged in their own folder within the widgets directory of a module. This is especially helpful for the development of interactive widgets.
- Widget Models & Views: widgets can now support their own model and view files giving you the same power and flexibility that you have when building other EE add-ons like modules.
- Install/Uninstall Methods: you can now include install and uninstall methods in your widget to facilitate actions that need to happen when a widget is first used and when it is removed.
- Add/Remove Methods: similar to install/uninstall methods, add/remove methods fire every time a user adds or removed a widget from a dashboard. Perfect for cleaning data out of a DB table, etc.
All documentation and other code related stuff has been migrated over to the Github repo. Check it out and let me know what you think.